Sales and Customer Service Executive, The National Chemical Company Ltd., Dublin 2.
Package: €Competitive salary + Bonus and Benefits befitting skills, experience and potential
Reporting: To the Sales and Customer Service Manager
NCC helps clients innovate and become more profitable. We do this by sharing our expertise in the smart sourcing and supply chain management of chemicals, technical polymers and food ingredients. Our motivated team of experts and large network of manufacturers enable us deliver tailored solutions for our client’s business.
NCC provides clients with exceptional levels of service. We’re interested in building strong, enduring partnerships. By focusing on providing quality customer service, this enables us to expand our portfolio, adding more specialised items, yielding stronger and deeper co-operation. Our culture of Service, Operational Excellence and Compliance has been and continues to be a successful strategy for us.
Established in 1969 NCC, today NCC leads the market in supply of raw materials & ingredients to the Life Science, Industrial and Polymers Industries.
The Sales and Customer Service Executive is responsible for the account management of a number of assigned Customers and Suppliers, reporting to the Sales and Customer Service Manager.
The successful candidate will be genuinely excited to help customers. You are patient, empathetic, and passionately communicative. You can put yourself in the customers’ shoes and advocate for them when necessary. Customer feedback is priceless, and you never fail to gather that. Problem-solving also comes naturally; you are a customer care specialist. You are confident at troubleshooting and investigate if you don’t have enough information to meet customer needs or to resolve customer complaints.
The Sales and Customer Service Executive in collaboration with management, establishes and drives execution of the sales plan for assigned accounts. This includes monitoring and reporting of key measures, in particular customer and supplier satisfaction and engagement, sales and profitability. We strive for loyalty and advocacy in our client base and this is also central to the role.
Relevant technical, science or business degree preferred with at least two years track record in a commercial technical sales role.
This role is available with immediate effect. Applications are invited now. Closing date is Apr 30th 2018.
Job specific skills, knowledge and previous relevant experience
Sales & Customer Service Executive
Reporting to the Sales & Customer Service Manager.
- Build excellent working relationships with colleagues, customers and supplier partners. Maintain and develop relationships with existing customers and suppliers in person and via telephone calls and emails
- Meet personal targets and support team targets for Sales and Profitability as assigned for your set of accounts.
- Understand the needs of your customers and ensure captured and well communicated. Listen to customer requirements and present appropriately to make a sale.
- Negotiate on price, costs, delivery and specifications with buyers and managers.
- Arrange and the terms of an agreement and close sales. Prepare accurate and detailed Sales Quotations.
- Gather relevant information around general market and competitor product and service pricing and availability.
- Create professional and detailed proposal documents, often as part of a formal tender process which is largely dictated by the prospective customer.
- Maintain accurate data entry and reporting on purchase order and sales order income and profitability, stocks, samples and customer complaint handling.
- On new business development projects, arrange meetings with potential customers to prospect for new business.
- Undertake market and competition research leveraging our research tools, resources and organisation experience.
- Respond promptly to incoming email and phone enquiries.
- Liaise with suppliers to check the progress of existing orders.
- Represent the company at trade exhibitions, events and demonstrations.
- Attend team meetings and share best practice with colleagues.
- Strong ambition to develop career into Business Development/Sales/Product Management.
- Proven customer support experience or experience as a client service representative.
- Track record of over-achieving quota.
- Strong phone contact handling skills and active listening.
- Familiarity with CRM/ERP systems and practices.
- Customer orientation and ability to adapt/respond to different types of characters.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively.